I have been at OBGYN Care for almost 4 years. Before this, I was practicing at another women's health care office in Normal for 7 years. I was a Labor and Delivery nurse from 1997- 2010, then began my career as a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner. I provide care for women of all ages who need annual health exams, diagnosis and treatment of menstrual disorders, procedures, and birth control counseling among other care. I enjoy seeing women of all ages and helping each person reach their health care goals.
I was born and raised in Bloomington, IL and have lived here my whole life. I met my husband Greg in junior high school and we just celebrated our 25th Anniversary! We have 3 daughters; Emma, Ellie and Carlie! I am so proud to say that my oldest daughter graduated from University of Kentucky (my alma mater) and my other 2 daughters currently attend UK! When we aren't traveling to Lexington, KY to visit them, I enjoy book clubs, exercising, baking and shopping!
- Undergraduate: Bachelors of Science in Nursing, University of Kentucky – Lexington, KY (1997)
- Masters: Masters of Science in Nursing, University of Cincinnati – Cincinnati, OH (2009)
- National Certification Corporation as WHNP
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health/li>
- Scope Of Practice:
- Diagnosis and treatment of a range of women’s health related issues
- Prenatal care and preconceptual counseling
- Management of high-risk OB patients in conjunction with Dr. Santiago
- Postpartum mental health education and management
- Acute gynecologic problems including STI testing and education
- Adolescent health
- Special medical interests: move involved in research studies to improve health care for patients and the practice. I have joined the AANP Network for Research, which is a practice-based research network that provides NPs with the opportunity to participate in research relevant to Nos and their patients